Golfing4Life (G4L) is a not-for-profit organisation that was conceived in 2010 to support the development of young golfers who have potential, desire and commitment to reach the pinnacle of the game. The project came about when the founders realised that there were talented golfers struggling to progress through the ranks, in large part due to financial constraints.
We were fortunate to gain support from early adopters, who shared our vision, including;
• Friends and business associates
• Some of the most talented coaches in golf
• Established and proven businesses within the golfing profession
For the past few years, we have rolled out the model, ensuring that all bursaries were sent and distributed through the relevant golfing unions. Transparency protects amateur status and ensures all G4L activity is kept within R&A guidelines. Having proven the model with all our players gaining international recognition, our network has allowed us to expand offering more talented amateur golfers an opportunity to realise their ambitions.
Our relationship with the Teenage Cancer Trust allows us to champion this very important charity and enables the young golfers and ourselves to stay grounded and appreciate the opportunities that we have. We endeavour to achieve this balance and enhance the golfer’s life education, through our relationship and promotion of TCT.
In 2016 we co-promoted the Sir Henry Cooper Junior Masters raising thousands of pounds for charities and bursaries.
Although our first tranche of golfers have all progressed and been fortunate to establish themselves as top amateur players, G4L acknowledge that the majority of young golfers will not accomplish their entire aim in reaching the highest echelons of the sport. With this in mind we believe it is important to ensure that there is balance and perspective in their quest for birdies, eagles and tournament euphoria.
G4L plans for 2018 and beyond
• An across the pond Teenage Cancer Trust/Teen Cancer America Pro-am featuring some of the world’s top golfers.
· Mediterranean Spring and Autumn training programmes
· Educational outreach and learning models to enhance the importance of academics and assist with time management.
· Access to the US collegiate system and assistance with full scholarship entry.
· Internships, apprenticeships and employment opportunities to provide alternatives to a golfing career